Out of the ordinary
With any of the adventure activities we have done over the 20 years we have been running we have created opportunities for young people to experience activities which may have been beyond their means or outside of their comfort zone or out of their range of otherwise likely expereince in the London East End. Because of the cost of such activities, we and the young people have specifically fundraised for these activities and/or been provided with free places or heavily discounted rates.
We have climbed with Mile End Climbing Wall indoors and outdoors, on tasters or doing NICAS accreditation.
We have gone sailing, kayaking and canoeing on the resevoir, Docklands Sailing Centre and the youth day. We have done a project with London Youth Rowing Club a number of years and more recently had kayaking sessions on the canal.
- Hindleap Warren (Ashdown Forest): High ropes, archery, leap of faith, crate stack, challenges, bush craft, orienteering, night walk
- Glenmore Lodge (Scotland): Gorge Walking, rock climbing, kayaking, canoing, navigation skills
- Acorn Adventure (Nothern Italy): White water rafting, canoeing, kayaking, climbing, abseiling, team challenges
- River Spey Descent (Scotland): Canoing expedition and camping on bankside.
- La Clusaz (France): Skiing and tobogononing
We have also gone to the snow dome in Milton Keynes, skating in Canary Wharf, camping and orienteering in Epping Forest.